What causes Elbow Pain?
Elbow pain is often caused by overuse. Many sports, hobbies and jobs require repetitive hand, wrist or arm movements. Elbow pain may occasionally be due to arthritis, but in general, your elbow joint is much less prone to wear-and-tear damage than are many other joints.
Common causes of elbow pain include:
- Broken arm
- Bursitis (joint inflammation)
- Dislocated elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints)
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease)
- Stress fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Throwing injuries
- Trapped nerves
How is Elbow Pain treated?
Treatment varies depending on the elbow disorder and symptoms you experience. Most elbow disorders require conservative treatment. Surgery is a last resort if your symptoms don’t improve.
Your treatment options include:
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- physical therapy
- braces or immobilization
- steroid injections
- elbow padding
Book an appointment
in 2 minutes!